Thursday, November 12, 2009

Busy Mama

Here's a few pictures of some of the projects I've been up to lately.

Thankful blocks at Super Saturday.
Gordon B. Hinckley's BE's. (The square at the top is a metal bee). A project that has been in progress for over a year.
A growth chart for the kids from Super Saturday.
An update to the kids' bathroom.
And I cleaned out and painted the boy's room. Wow, what a project and what an improvement.


And while I was at it I painted the entry and upstairs hallway. No one else would probably notice, but I love it. It's warm and clean.

And if all that in October wasn't enough I started making gift baskets. A friend of mine works for a Periodontist who gives food gift baskets to the dental offices that refer to him. I made up samples of three sizes and then took them in for his approval. Luckily, he liked what I came up with and hired me to make about 80 more! It's been a really fun project for me so far.
I love food and being creative. I thought it all came together nicely.I found a container wholesaler in Kirkland, but had to spray paint the large baskets red.

This large one would be about $150 retail. It's full of all sorts of yummy things. I'd love to eat them all!
I got everything from Costco, Sam's, Grocery Outlet, and Trader Joe's. The best part about the project is that I was paid a lump sum and I just buy everything, put them together, and keep the change. Perfect project for frugal me.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Those baskets are beautiful!
I had to laugh when I saw your new paint job. How many does that make now? :) I love the color, you need to share what it is.
I love the Super Saturday crafts, we don't do Super Saturday here and I've been itching to craft. I may have to copy some of those.

The Baker's said...

Ang, I love your baskets. You are so creative!! I need to live by you. The food does look really good. What a fun project.

Wenger Family said...

Hey, I had NEVER painted the upstairs hallway, and the entry and boys room ONCE 8 years ago. You can imagine that they were in dire need of a new coat of paint!

Rebecca said...

You have been busy. I stop by often and I guess I haven't gone up to see the finished walls in the boys room and the vinyl/window thing in the bathroom. Everything looks great. I guess I need to get busy too.

The Nits said...

Ah ha! I've had that bee forever and wondered what to do with it! How did you get it to fasten to the board, it's heavy?!