Thursday, March 27, 2008

Boys will boys, Girls will be girls-- Most of the time

As the classic sayings go 'girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice'. And boys 'snips and snails and puppy dog tails'. Being a mother of two boys and then a girl I have seen that over and over. I'm not sure why boys love blue and girls love pink, boys love cars and guns and girls love flowers and princesses. I don't know how this happens, but I do know it's true. I remember people telling me that even if you didn't give your son a gun to play with he would eat a bite off his cracker/piece of bread and make one himself. Well, Kate proved she was a girl all over again this week. She took a bite off her cracker and looked at it and exclaimed "Mom, it's a blowdryer!"
But since she has brothers, she can still play guns. Here Tyson taught Kate how to defend herself against Bradley (she has part of a giant easter egg over her head as a shield).

4 comments:

The Nits said...

A Blowdryer! Ha, that is just so telling and cute. Samantha

amy welch said...

So I found your blog through Amanda. I'm loving the "egg mask". Wendy has been walking around with half an egg over her face all week too. I think she likes the way it sounds when she talks because she makes all of us take turns with it.

Rebecca said...

So cute! I love little girls!

Bethany said...

The egg mask is a great idea--I don't know how much protection it will provide when the brother attack commences but it sure is cute!