Monday, June 23, 2008

Tunes

We've been wanting a piano for a few years. The boys have really been begging. I looked at one on Craigslist this spring and called my brother Jeff for advice. He insisted that he pick out my piano. So we waited until he came into town at the end of May. We looked at a few upright grands on Craiglist that were beautiful, but didn't have great sound. We ended up finding this one at a piano store. It was the music stand that sold me, and sound passed the rigorus Jeff test. Thanks for all the help Jeff.
Rick says our house finally seems like a home. The boys play it alot. Bradley has quickly memorized Book of Mormon Stories and Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam, and is eager to learn more. We should be starting some lessons in the fall. I have also enjoyed sitting down to play, since no one is listening except Rick and my kids! They don't mind my plunking, although tonight as we sang for FHE Tyson said "play one you really know, I'm tired of stopping in the middle". I'm working on it, it's been a long time since I've really played (more than 15 years) and that's when I was a teenager than just wanted to finish my 1/2 hour of lesson material and be done with it!

0 comments: