Monday, June 23, 2008

Making Room for Baby

Kate has a new room after many hours of stripping denim and teddy bear wallpaper, patching hundreds of holes left by the previous owners, and painting the walls two colors as well as the molding, bed, and dressers, and sewing curtains, pillow, and even coordinating cradle bedding. It's very bright and cheerful. Kate loves it. Unfortunately, it hasn't kept her in her bed all night long like I had hoped and dreamed it would.




Kate's old room is back to the nursery for the new baby. I wanted to have the project done before the kids were home for the summer and I got too pregnant. Wait, I look too pregnant already. Well, let's just say it's only going to get worse!
When we set up the crib Kate said "the baby gets the I am A Child of God Bed". It took me a second, but then I realized she must be saying that because that's what I used to sing her every night before I put her to bed. The first morning after Kate had her new room she came in with a pacifier and blanket and said "Mom, can the baby come out now?" She's all ready to take care of her. I've seen her walking around the house with her hands six inches apart saying, "the baby is too little", just like I told her.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, when you post you really post!!
The room looks great (of course).
Kate is adorable and is going to be such a wonderful big sister :)

The Nits said...

I think in general they call that nesting but knowing you I might just call that Angie. It all looks great, LOVE the piano. Samantha

kelly said...

i'm glad rick finally feels at home... since you've taken so little care into how the rest of the house looks and feels! men!