Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hanging out at the POOL


The kids and I spent two weeks in Tri-Cities at my parents house. It's become an annual thing. The kids get swimming lessons and lots of swimming time. We all get toasty brown (and blonde) and I get to spend time with my mom decorating, shopping, garage saling, and visiting. (and bonus-Grandpa babysits alot!). This year was great because Bradley got comfortable with the deep end of the pool. He ended the two weeks doing cannon balls and dives off the diving board. Yea! And Kate figured out how to get rings off the bottom of the baby pool, submerging most of her body each time. Once she learned she did it 100 times in a row. And she was as excited each time she did it as if it was the first time, so I was too! I'm glad she's so comfortable in the water at this age. Tyson passed from level 5 to 6 and learned the breaststroke. He's becoming a really good swimmer. It was fun to spend time with my brother Brian, the kids sure loved building forts for baby Zachary (9 monthes) and luckily he survived the experience. This kids also got to take trips to the dump with Grandpa, and hang out with their Richland friends. And I did too. We also went to an outdoor movie when Rick joined us for the weekend. The Gealtas also joined us again, for what we think is our 5th year running. They didn't come to the pool as often because Rebecca's sister has moved an hour away, but it was great when they did come and fun to carry on our little tradition.

0 comments: