Sunday, April 26, 2009

Angela Wenger, RD

I haven't used this title much in the past 10 years. My last day of work was the day before Tyson was born in 1999. In January, Rick and I decided that with the slowing real estate market, I should try to find a part time job. I only have 1 year of experience and dietetics job are not very plentiful, so I was a little doubtful. I painfully pulled together a resume and applied to a handful of places. When I got an email for an interview I was actually shocked. I ended up getting a Per Diem job, which is what I did at my last job. It is at Highline Medical Center, in Burien, which is thankfully, a much smaller hospital that University Hospital in Salt Lake City, where I worked before. I will be working one day a month and covering vacations for 3 dietititans. Last week I trained for 3 days. Rick had the kids. It was a bit stressful commuting, getting oriented, trying to bring back my clinical knowledge for the back corner of my brain, and thinking about how my family was doing at home without me. The second day was much better, and by the third I was feeling really good about it. Rick is getting the hang of it too. Thursday I got home and he had prepared orange chicken (premade from Costco), with rice, steamed broccoli, and a beautiful garden salad. WOW! We did it...so far.
The best was after my first day, when Bradley asked if there were any surgeries at the hospital that day. I said, yes, to which he fervently asked "did you do them??" Cute.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Good for you! It sounds like the perfect job.

Rebecca said...

Congrats on being a working woman but we miss you being a full time stay at home mom. I guess I'll survive for a few days w/o you!