Friday, May 1, 2009

3 going on 16 and beyond

Today Kate decided she wanted to drive so I told her she would have to be 16. As she got dressed and did her hair I kept telling her she was getting older (6, 8, 10 etc). It worked great she giggled and giggled while usually she has a hard time getting dressed in something I choose. And at Costco she was telling all the 'sample ladies' that she was 16.
Kate: "Do I have to sit in a carseat?"
Mom: "Of course."
Kate: "How will I get a car?"
Mom: "You'll have to get a job to earn money, and then buy a car."
Kate: "No, I have a better idea, Dad can ride in the van with you, and I'll drive the car."
I'm sure her entitlement attitude will not be changing in the next 13 years. I just want her to stay the cute little girl she is right now, in the little pigtails she put in herself tonight.

Earlier this week the boys told her she could be in Sydney's family if she married Logan. Her eyes lit up!
Kate: "Mom, I'm going to ask Logan to marry me, and then I'm going to kiss him!"
Kate: (a few hours later, lying on the couch looking forlorn) "Mom, I want to ask Logan to marry me, but I think he's going to say no."

She did sound three today though as she pointed out the gatorade at Costco and said "let's get some alligator mom."

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hmm..yea, I haven't asked but I'm pretty sure Logan would say "no" to the proposal. But he may change his tune when he's 23 and Kate is 18!

Wenger Family said...

18 yikes, can we wait a few more years!!