Saturday, August 15, 2009

Swimming and Sizzling

The kids and I took our annual trip to Richland for swimming lessons. We had to cut it short this year because of scheduling, but it was a great week. The boys got to roam free, riding their bikes to my old elementary school for free breakfast, then to swimming lessons, back for free lunch, and then back to the pool the swim.... How nice is that? For everyone. Rick and Jeff joined us the last day before our trip to Idaho.

Kate showing off her swimming. She can do the front crawl for about 10 feet.
Tyson sizzling on the hot sidewalk. We had great weather while we were there.
We did make a trip to the urgent care though. Kate jumped up to give my brother, Brian, a high-five and fell on her left arm. After crying for a few hours, even after a nap, I took her in. The x-rayed her wrist and it wasn't broken, but the next morning she said it was up by her elbow that hurt. I didn't take her back in, but she didn't use her arm for a week. Which meant no more swimming lessons, helping her go potty, and trauma every time we changed her clothes. I felt like I had two babies. And Paige and I both got colds so neither one of us slept....
But we still managed to have a great time at the pool. Nothing like some sunshine medicine.

0 comments: