Sunday, October 18, 2009

First Birthday Favorites

I love first birthdays! Even though Paige will never remember it, it was so much fun. I made her a crown cake.

We took a few moments to relax before the Hatch's, my mom, and Jeff came over for soup and salad. She was so excited and didn't even know what was coming.
First she played 'Pat-A-Cake' on her cake.
Then she tasted it realized how fun this really was (but I couldn't keep everyone else away from getting a slice).
After a while so went straight for a lick. She just sucked on it! It was adorable.


There was no shortage of help opening the gifts. She got a stroller walker from Grandma and LOVED it. It was 1 1/2 hours past her bedtime but she wouldn't stop walking with it back and forth across the family room dozens of times. And she wouldn't let anyone near it or she would start squalking.

She has been in heaven with her new found upward mobile freedom since. It only took a few days; now she can turn and maneuvere that thing all over the downstairs enhancing her ability to discover all sorts of new things (yeah for me!).
Happy 1st Birthday Paige. I love first birthdays and I love you. What a sweetie.

0 comments: