Sunday, December 19, 2010

Kate's New 'Do'

She really did it. At nearly 5 I would have never guessed she would have done such a thorough butch to herself, and her toy dogs, and her friend, but she did. Rick commented when I came home about how quiet she and Ella had been. Later when they walked downstairs, Kate with a pillow over her head, we noticed Ella's short bangs. Kate hid herself for about a half an hour. I didn't even want to see what she had done because I had gone upstairs and had seen the ginormous pile of hair in my bathroom. Admitedly, I wailed for a good long time, and then I decided I had to stop so we could both move on. Kate had broken blood vessels under her eyes she had cried so hard. She knew by then it wasn't good. Apparently she started with the animals and Ella in her room and then she moved onto my bathroom to do her own in the mirror. She said she wanted to make her hair look cute, but it didn't work out. So then she tried putting a poodle on her head to cover it up so we wouldn't notice. It just fell off so she went to a pillow. Well, then we went to headbands and giant flowers.




And it would make me so mad when people at the store would compliment her on her cute headbands!


She had cut only a small chunk off the sides, but the beautician said we needed to cut the length off. She originally cut it straight off the back just above the shoulders. I had wanted an A-line, so I mistakedly took her back and asked for it to be re-cut. That was one of the most horrifying hours of motherhood for me. When an obviously inexperienced hairstylist cut and cut and cut her hair 3-4 more inches off the back and sides. Well, I got my A-line! So now, not only was she butched in the front, she was butched in the back. GREAT! Good thing she's adorable, with a fun personality! We're hoping it's all restored by her baptism. And all I want for Christmas is her bangs back!


1 comments:

Tia said...

I almost forget how bad it actually was, now that it is growing out!AAHHHH! Still horrifying to look at the pictures.