Thursday, December 30, 2010

Halloween Trickery

Halloween 2010, Ward Party/Truck or Treat






It was a menagerie of costumes, but everyone was happy. Rick as himself, I mean a nerd! myself as a bumblebee, Tyson as Jack Sparrow, Bradley as an astronaut, Kate a cheerleader, and Paige a unicorn with her belly hanging out. And all I bought was a shirt from Value Village that I cut into Tyson's vest. And I made Bradley's space helmet out of paper mache (Ok, I just upcycled a paper mache pumpkin from last year so all I had to do was spray paint and cut!)
We went to our ward party, trunk or treat and an Egyptian themed carnival.
Since Halloween was on Sunday we chose not to trick-or-treat, but thought we'd be neighborly and hand out candy, which the kids enjoyed doing. The Hatch family joined us. We went to decorate brownies and discovered that Bradley and Kate were missing. Sure enough they had gone out trick or treating, Kate wearing a red and black tutu and a random t-shirt and a witch's hat, and Bradley with his astronaut costume, but a baseball helmet. It's no wonder a few neighbors asked where their parents were. They had gone to half the neighborhood and had collected quite a haul of candy, which of course was confiscated for disobeying. Their story was that they decided to just go next door, and then they just couldn't stop....(can't wait for them to be teenagers). When we asked if they had gone to their friends' house, Bradley replied "Of course not, I'm way too smart for that!" When Rick went to that friend's house to see if they'd seen him, his friend said "Man, he's so smart!" So I guess Rick and I got the trick that night....

0 comments: