Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Tooth Fairy Sighting!

It was a dramatic and exciting event when Kate discovered that she had a loose tooth. Of course Paige was sure she had one too, so I wiggled hers several times that evening too. Kate was surprising tenacious about trying to pull it out. She said "I just can't stand it in there anymore, I want it out." But after a oragel treatment and lots of tugging, she decided to wait... until Grandpa volunteered to give it a wiggle! And we all know Grandpa loves to pull teeth.

Sure enough they got it out and then came the tooth fairy.Kate woke up in the morning and said "Mom! I heard a sound in the night! It was fairy wings. And I saw them! There were three of them in pink and blue. They were tiny like a button and had sparkly wings and they had wands in their hands!"
I of course was amazed at how many details she could remember from a nighttime visit. When she questioned why they didn't take her tooth that she had hidden in the pocket of her sleeping bag I told her that it would have been a pretty big tooth for a fairy the size of a button!
She was thrilled with her dollar and excitedly spent it the next day on a Costco hotdog, after holding out 10 cents for tithing. Of course Bradley had to inform her about how dumb that was since Mom would have bought the hotdog anyway!

0 comments: