Saturday, June 25, 2011

Meridian Mini Marathon

This year's annual mini marathon fell on Tyson's birthday. We ran, we placed, everyone sang to Tyson and we lost Grandpa and Paige. Tyson got first for his age group, Bradley got second, and Kate, yes Kate got 4th for the Kindergarten and under.


The plan was to have Grandpa watch Kate and Paige so I could finally run myself, without pushing the jogger this year. That was until Kate INSISTED on running. I tried and tried to talk her out of it. 2.6 miles seemed a little far for a preschooler, but she won and we ran...and she cried and I made her keep running, and she learned a few lessons about not listening to her mothers advice! And at one poin,t as I was trying not to get totally frustrated, I was encouraging her on she said "Mom, you sound like a coach and you're embarrassing me!" (No one was around and I have no idea how she know what coaches saw, but it did make me laugh and help me to endure the last mile of torture).



But we made it, and I was proud of her. But where was Grandpa, Paige and the camera? About 15 minutes later we found out when they came jogging in!





Rick beat his time of last year and made it into the top 4 adult finishers (one of the adults that beat him finished in the state high school track tournament this year).