Thursday, June 23, 2011

Relay for Life 2011

I taught nutrition again, Minute to Win It style, at the elementary school for their Relay for Life event. It went over really well again this year. It was a lot of fun having the kids compete in games, being cheered on by the audience of about 125 kids, and then teach them nutrition concepts between each game. Each of the four 30 minute segments flew by.


The previous coordinator for the event has since had all of her children leave the school and I have agreed to help organize the event next year....guess we'll see what that entails later.



But my favorite part of the whole event was during the hero lap, when the kids walk around the track with a hero. Tyson came to me and said "Mom, walk with me". I felt like crying I was so touched. It was very sweet of him.

0 comments: