Tuesday, July 1, 2008

S*U*M*M*E*R

Ahhh, summer, my favorite season of all is finally here to stay. In the past few meltingly hot days, my pregnant belly has wanted to say contrary, but there's just something wonderful about the lazy days of summer. I have no pictures to show for it, but we've actually been less than lazy in our first week of summer. We had to pack in the fun before we packed for our big trip to Pennsyvania. We've been to free movies, free lunch, the lake, the park, a pool/bouncy house party, and we even took the kids to the new 24 hour fitness kids area to play while we worked out/swam. As Samantha brilliantly pointed out, it's cheaper than a babysitter, and the kids have a blast too (it's like a mini Chuck E Cheese). It was so hot at our house I figured it was worth the $6 just to go sit there and read a book in the AC for 2 hours! The pool felt great though.
My favorite part was today when I sat by Kate for The Arctic Tale, a National Geographic movie about polar bears and walruses. It wasn't as captivating as the typical Disney annimation film so Kate gave her own additions to amuse me atleast. It's fun to hear what is going through little 2 year old minds and Kate is not afraid to verbalize them. She made a lot of comments about the mother and baby animals. Then it went on...
Kate: "The polar bear does not have a mouth like mine. How big is the polar bear's tail? Does the polar bear sit on the toilet?"
Mom: "No"
Kate: "Does the polar bear wash his hands?"
Mom: "Yes, in the ocean."
Kate: "How does the polar bear get soap?"
To which I didn't have an answer for. Luckily she didn't press me. I wouldn't want to disappoint her that some people/animals don't use soap. I'll keep her good habits while I've got them (actually her habits are mostly due to the fact that most public places have pink soap which is of course her favorite color, so she is delighted to use it).
Kate's last funny of the week is when she walks up to me and says "The baby just kicked" refering to the baby in her tummy! Although she has noticed that my tummy has gotten a lot bigger, while hers hasn't over the past few months. Sometimes she just looks down and says, "My baby is not bery big."

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I just love Kate! She is at such an adorable age. She is going to be such a little mommy to her little sister. Just wait until she tries to nurse her dolls :)

Rebecca said...

I know she already nurses her dolls so I can't wait to see her smother her baby sister! Good luck with that.