Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mid-Winter Break

The kids mostly played, played, played with the neighbor kids during the break, which they loved, but Tuesday we had a day out. We had to sign papers in Bellevue to refinance so we took the kids to see the temple afterwards. It was great. They haven't been there much. It was a pretty nice morning. We walked around, took some pictures, and answered their questions.


Afterwards, we had lunch from Burger King in the car. Kate spilled water on her lap. Then while I was buying the tickets Bradley fell in some rose bushes in the parking lot of the dollar theater. So when I got back to the car, Kate was naked and Bradley was crying and dripping blood. So I took Kate to DI and bought to buy her a new shirt. We ended up with a ballet costume, which I intended to have her wear with some pants from the car. But of course once she got that on who needed pants (middle of February!)? So we went to the movie BOLT with Kate in her leotard and skirt. Later during the movie I felt like my leg was wet. Sure enough Paige had peed through her clothes and mine! What a day out.
Maybe that's why we stayed in the rest of the week!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

My kids loved just staying home and playing in the neighborhood all week. I'm so glad it was sunny so they could spend so much time outside!

Amanda said...

Sounds like a typical family outing. Glad you could find the humor in it :)
We are homebodies too. Now that we live in a neighborhood with kids, Hannah and Jake never want to go anywhere.