Sunday, March 25, 2012

3 year olds are so adorable

I love having a 3 year old at our house, Paige says the cutest things as she is trying to figure the world out.

One of the un-cute things she said this week was during a walk with Bradley to the mailbox when she called our neighbor 'fat', Bradley was mortified.

Last week I tried to pass shrimp off as chicken. When I coaxed her to eat it she said "No, that chicken looks like a worm!" I could kind of see her point, so I didn't push it after that.

One night Rick and I were trying to discuss something with the kids around. Years ago we were able to just spell things out, but this time we tried Spanish. That is...what little I can remember from two years of high school Spanish and Rick's Portugesish Spanish. It wasn't much of a conversation, but Paige noticed it was different because she said "what are those weirwd words?"

She often asked me about people she sees that don't fit into sterotypical gender looks for example "why does that man have long hair? or why does that girl have boy hair?, or is that a boy or a girl?

She loves to go to school and primary. If you ask her what day she goes to school she'll tell you Tuewednesday.

Recently she has discovered two new toys that she loves playing with...the leapster that we got when the boys were little and puzzles. She's put the same ones together over and over all by herself (25 pieces).

She is always telling Kate "my (she refers to herself as my) am bigger than you." Kate really is bigger, but not by too much. She is about 3" taller and 4-5# heavier. Paige is the same size Kate was at 5 years old (Paige is 3 1/2).

0 comments: