Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Prince Charming

Tonight Paige saw a couple on TV getting married. She said "I want a prince." Kate said "they're getting married" Paige said "I want to marry a prince." I said "I did". She said "Where is he?" I replied "at the church. It's your daddy" She said "daddy is a prince?" in a dreamy thoughtful tone.

Another funny story about Paige was recently on the way to school so mentioned that there was a hole in her jeans. I quickly looked in the rear view mirror and said "don't put your finger in it, it will get bigger." She said "really? like mommy's or daddy's?" (No, Paige, your finger is not going to get bigger! But as my friend Samantha pointed out, she was just chastising me on my improper English)

Some of the funny things Paige says are:
skin milk, hook instead of hood, Qwinkle, qwinkle, little star, cocky milk, hangermer instead of hambuger, grink instead of drink, Old McDonalds, and my favorite Barbie got Tom instead of Barbie.com!

Paige at the pinewood derby.

One of my favorite things that Paige does is she is always paying me compliments, like "you are so cute and pretty Mom". And she'll want to smell me and tell me how good I smell. She used to be in the habit of licking as a sign of affection, luckily that went by the wayside! (I don't have pets for a reason!) Yesterday she came in the bathroom and said "it smells like curls" I had just been using the hairspray.

Paige surprised us in the fall, just after her third birthday by retelling (reading/memorizing) the book "Go, Dog, Go" It's over 60 pages and she can do it almost verbatim. It wasn't even her favorite book; she hadn't heard it very many times.

Ok, last one! A few monthes ago, out of the blue she said "When I was a monster I lived in a village." What has she been watching/listening to?

0 comments: