Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I teached him!

While visiting teaching the other day I was just discussing how it seems like I teach my kids something at 2 or 3 and think they've got it down (like saying 'thank you') and then as the years go by I realize they have fallen out of practice. Here's an example at our house.
Last night Tyson got annoyed by Kate and hit her with his scriptures (and later he chastises me for says "let's just get through this!). She, of course, was crying in her 6-year old overreactive way. I told him to say sorry, which he did in his 'lets get this over with and appease mom' way, that Kate couldn't even hear. So Paige decided to take things into her own hands.
She told Tyson to say sorry and when he was done she said "now give her a hug!" When he followed her directions she said "See, I teached him!"
I guess the saying is true 'All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten (preschool)"

0 comments: