Sunday, June 7, 2009

San Antonio and Sunshine

I can't complain about the gorgeous weather in Seattle lately, but I loved the heat of Texas. Tyson, Paige and I spent a week in sunny San Antonio. We missed having the rest of the family, but we just couldn't afford to take everyone.My brother's graduation turned into a family reunion on my dad's side of the family because he has a sister, Rosie, that lives there. Her two children also live there. My Aunt Kay joined us from Chicago, as well as my dad's brother Greg and his wife Ginny and their daughter Amy and family from Colorado. It was the first get together of it's kind. It was amazing to 'meet' these cousins because I have only met them once 20-25 years ago. The beautiful Japanese Gardens. Paige was more interested in the waterfall than posing for the picture.

El Mercado/The Market. A great place to buy souvenirs and enjoy Mexican eats and treats.

A hike we took, which was plan B since we decided not to go to Shlitterbaun (largest water park in the country), due to a 60% chance of thunderstorms. Didn't see a single cloud all day =-(. It had been thunder storming everyday.
An awesome collection of cacti at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens.
The Riverwalk from our boat tour. A lovely place, wish we could have spent more time there.

And the best part of all... the amusement parks. We did Six Flags first. They had a great collection of rollar coasters. My parents took Paige for the day, so Tyson and I along with Jeff and the Hatches did ride after ride.
The next day was Sea World. Even Paige got to go on a ride. We saw all the big shows and actually my favorite roller coasters were there. There were very few lines at either place so we got to go on rides over and over again without even getting off!
Jeff knew one of the dolphin trainers so we went and talked to her after the show. She took us behind the scenes and gave us a private tour, it was great.
Oh, and Jeff graduated! Congrats. We're proud of you.

We stayed with Jeff, and he drove us around. With free plane tickets we managed to do a week trip for around $200!

0 comments: