Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy 11th Anniversary

Unfortunately, we didn't get a current picture of us, but as Rick put on his orange dress shirt in our bathroom Kate ran up to him and said "Dad, I love you in that orange shirt!" She's got taste.
Thanks for a wonderful anniversary celebration, Rick. We ate at an amazing restaurant called The Georgian, in the Olympic Fairmont Hotel, downtown Seattle. It reminded us of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, as pictured above. It was a little more upscale than we are used to, so it was comical to me when our salads came out on 3" plates and the four complimentary desserts were approximately 1/2" in diameter! Rick kindly let me eat the entire plateful, which were delicious. But my scallops and Rick's steak were AMAZING.
After dinner we went to the Paramount Theater and watched the Phantom of the Opera, which was of course an amazing show. We enjoyed the music, costumes, and special effects. Unfortunately for me, and others around, the seating was a little cramped (and that's coming from a 5'2" person). Being so pregnant made it a bit uncomfortable. If you compared the size of the seat to an airplane seat, it's like an apartment compared to a mansion! I couldn't walk out with my shoes on because my feet has swelled so much. Rick said it brought new meaning to the phrase 'barefoot and pregnant'. I look forward to celebrating our anniversaries for many years to come without being so encumbered.

0 comments: