Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kate's First Talk

Today Kate gave her first talk in primary, on baptism. We have opening exercises in the chapel so it was up at the podium with the microphone. At first when I told her about the talk she said "no, I think I'll just give a prayer or something." (which I can only imagine what she would come up with to say. I'm sure she wouldn't want help since she knows well how to pray). Then I told her that in our family we get a candy bar for giving talks. After that she was all for it. We practiced a few times. The first time, instead of repeating what I said, she just finished the sentance. But she got it after that and she did it all. It was very cute. And amazingly enough she was so proud of herself that hasn't even remembered about the candy bar...yet!

0 comments: